Trainer :- Mr. Shiju ( Senior Product Manager )
Date : 12th August 2011
Venue: Institute of Apparel Management, Gurgaon
Audience: Apparel Production Management Students (Class of 2011-13)
Technical training was organized for the students on sewing threads .During the workshop discussion started with technical terminology of thread and ended with application of thread knowledge to sewing a garment. Below is the list of topics that were covered
- Global scenario of garment industry
- Vardhman and there tie-ups with A&E.
- Basic introduction to thread numbering system & manufacturing system.
- Advantages of using good quality thread in manufacturing.
- Using a right quality of thread with regard to different fabrics and stitch type
- Solutions for problems faced during sewing operations like Puckering/skip stitches/thread breakages/seam slippage were also discussed.
Written by :-
Coordinator (Apparel Production Management)
Institute Of Apparel Management
7TH FLOOR, Apparel House,