Workshop on Think Green Initiative & Workplace Conditions Assessment
Institute of Apparel Management (IAM) along with Intertek had organized workshop on "Think Green Initiative & Workplace Conditions Assessment" on 30th Aug.'10 at Lynx 1 & 2, Apparel House. Consumers, governments and communities alike are concerned with how the manufacturing of consumer products impacts the environment. Similarly Brands and international buyers are demanding more effective measures for evaluating suppliers ‘workplace conditions. Factories are also becoming more proactive in finding ways to benchmark themselves and track progress against competitors and national standards.
Mr. Somesh Singh, JD (IAM) had started the session & talk about IAM intitiative on social compliance for the apparel industry.Mr. Dilip Gianchandani,Regional Director ( Intertek ) introduced The global Services by Intertek to the industry as well as Speaker of the evening, Mr. David Horlock,Vice President, Global Inspection & Auditing ( HK )who talk about WCA and TGI services of Intertek
Workplace Conditions Assessment (WCA) program provides a powerful, cost-effective solution for companies and facilities seeking to improve workplace condition efficiently and in accordance with widely accepted industry standards and best practices.WCA benefits the business by enabling:
- Improved work conditions for a more content, healthier & productive workforce.
- Better decision-making support based on real-time data & knowledge Management.
- Good corporate governance & preferred supplier status for implemening a program that is in full accordance with industry best practices.
- Improved confidence in partnerships with suppliers through greater transparency & trust.
- Reduction in excessive auditing & duplication.
- Suppliers to showcase progress with a ' Record of Achivement ' Award.
Think Green Initiative (TGI) has emerged as perfect tool for evaluating, reviewing and monitoring factories’ environmental performance and ultimately assuring improved performance.
- Provides assessment & reporting tools for benchmarking environmental performance against industry peers, identify gaps, accelerating improvement efforts & showcasing progress.
- Provides access to a network of experts that can assist with continuous improvement efforts.
- Produce win-win results i.e. less environmental impact & reduce operational costs.
- Offers a comprehensive environmental performance management solutions.
Photo Gallery of the Event
IAM’s International Academic Collaborators
The Institute has established Academic partnership with the following Institutes and education bodies: -
- Edexcel, UK
- MOD’SPE, Paris
- Studio Moda Rosella, Italy
Edexcel , UK
Edexcel, a Pearson company, is the UK's largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK and internationally. Edexcel offers a variety of qualifications, including A-levels (GCEs), GCSEs and the BTEC suite of vocational qualifications. It is an international organisation, awarding over 1.5 million certificates to students around the world every year which is accepted by 167 universities across USA, Canada, UK and Australia.
MOD'SPE Paris is an associative structure and as such, seeks to transmit to the future executives within its classrooms the key values of professionalism, innovation, initiative and rigor. Moreover, MOD'SPE Paris remains a firm ally of the companies with which it works, anticipating their needs and reinforcing a relational network based on respect and high standards. The confidence of its partner companies and the MODSPE Paris alumni working for them has provided the MOD'SPE Paris Career Services with a roster of over 800 companies.
Studio ModaRossella , Itlay
Studio ModaRossella is first of all a school for high-level training and vocational training that is acknowledged by all the relevant public institutions. It is specialized in the fashion field and offers a post-diploma training both with the SMR Professional division (modular one-year training courses to get specific titles and specializations) and with the SMR University division (three-year courses to get specializations and master diplomas). The school also offers continuous training for teachers, employees